Or I’m not sure if celebrate is the right word for this?
Yesterday was National Burger Day (special foodstuff, special day) and to mark such a momentous occasion I decided to get some out of the freezer. Well it was actually by co-incidence because it was all that I had but the timing of the date wasn’t lost on me.
(And I really do love a burger, I can’t get enough of these new, trendy burger joints springing up all over the place. Although I can’t resist telling these new young upstarts that some of us have actually been eating burgers for years)
- Take three frozen burgers and put them in the oven
- Forget about them while you paint your nails
- Remember them when you smell some smoke coming from the kitchen
- Realise you have no buns or ketchup or chips to go with them
- Experiment with different slices of melted cheese – here I have used Chedder and Red Leicester, you of course can choose any you like
- Smudge your nails on the oven
- Compliment the colour of the cheese with a suitable sauce – I have used a classic salad cream here, see how the creamy colours balance the plate out lovely (I am ALL about presentation)
- Eat something proper later